Software Engineer in Test
Job Description / Intro
We're looking for someone to help us write and deploy quality software across the MC10 platform with a focus on the testing and integration part of the process. This includes working with device firmware, mobile apps and traditional back-end / front-end Web infrastructure. The best candidate will be interested in developing automation to test all phases of the software development process. They're not likely to be an expert in all the technologies we use but they will be interested in learning about them and be self directed enough to do so on their own.
- Writing code to automate the testing of all software components and systems
- Includes working with releases from firmware, mobile, backend and frontend development teams
- Assist in developing and integrating an automated testing framework into our release process
- Develop automated tests which use this framework
- assist other team members in developing and running similar tests
- Develop automation to deploy applications across our development, testing and production environments
- Support our CI process by assisting with the maintenance of build and deploy jobs
- Identify issues (bugs) and document them in our bug tracking system
- Contribute to documentation to satisfy hardware and process certification requirements
- e.g. verification and validation test plans and reports
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
- 4 years experience developing software in a team environment, preferably for Web/Mobile applications
- Proficiency with Python
- Proficiency with Linux. (We're not looking for a Systems Administrator but you should be able to work your way around the command line, do basic debugging and handle basic bash scripting.)
- Proficiency with a CI/Build environment, e.g. Jenkins or TeamCity
- Proficiency with automated test tools, e.g. Selenium, Appium
- Experience with developing/testing mobile applications, Android environment is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS). Proficiency with AWS is a plus.
- Preferred BS in Computer Science or other Engineering field
MC10’s goal is to redefine the interface between electronics and the human body. We extend human capabilities through virtually invisible and conformal electronics. We reshape rigid, high performance electronics into human compatible form factors that stretch, bend and twist seamlessly with our bodies and the natural world. But we have more than a great technology; we design and build revenue-generating products. MC10 is headquartered in Lexington, MA. We are looking for new employees who are passionate about improving the world and want to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, highly collaborative work environment. For more about MC10, visit us online at www.mc10inc.com.